Understanding Web Developer Job DescriptionsPosted by: Elan Thomas | On: 21st Nov, 2017 | Uncategorized
Job Description for Web Developers
When you are trying to accomplish web application development, a compelling job description for the web developer is a good starting point. Formulating a decent job description for a job advertisement requires proper understanding of details. On posting a job advertisement with a general web developer job description may invite several unwanted applications from applicants who are differentiated in building front-end user interface, back-end web services or web designers who have absolutely no knowledge of programming.
In this article, we have included a sample of Senior Web Developer, front-end developer, and back-end developer job description for anyone looking forward to hiring a web developer.
The initial information required is company’s introduction. Provide basic details and give the job seeker an overview of the scale of operations or nature of business done.
Write a concise and catchy paragraph about your organization. The paragraph should be inclusive of the company culture, perks, and benefits. Mention office hours, remote working possibilities, and everything else you think makes your company look impressive.
Job description for Senior Web Developer
Title: Senior Web Developer
- Perform various coding and programming tasks, such as design or development of Web front-end, back-end Web-based applications, and Web/Internet services. May involve coding and integration of text, graphics, sound, and/or video.
- Communicate ideas, feedback, and criticism thoroughly, clearly, and courteously.
- Should demonstrate knowledge of full lifecycle planning and development.
- Should be able to conduct highly complex work critical to the organization.
- Make recommendations and take responsibility for the stack setup, code repository, and contribute to building iterations.
- Create Internet applications and Web sites.
- Collaborate and mentor with teams to deliver a quality product.
- Should be recognized as an advanced individual contributor.
- Considered subject matter expert within the discipline.
- Works without supervision with extensive latitude for independent judgment.
- May assist less experienced juniors.
- Understands how to architect a ReactJS application to provide performance optimization and ease of maintainability.
- Expert level React/Redux-Saga candidates.
- Experience working in a truly Agile team is a big advantage.
- Provides test-driven development practices and has solid troubleshooting skills.
Front-end web developer- Spearheads in Development
A front-end web developer is probably what most people think of as a “web developer”. A front-end web developer is responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact within a web application. They are usually supported by back-end web developers, who are responsible for server-side application logic and integration of the work front-end developers do.
Job description for Front-End Developer
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to the back-end.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
Skills And Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
*A UI/UX designer is expected to deliver finished resources for the developer to incorporate into the app.
- However, quite often a front-end web developer needs to make some small adjustments.
- In-depth understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Other frameworks, library, or any other technology related to organizations development stack
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
Back-End Web Developer Job Description
A back-end web developer is responsible for server-side web application logic and integration of the work front-end web developers do. Back-end developers usually write web services and APIs used by front-end developers and mobile application developers.Job Description
We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will b the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensure high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
Skills And Qualifications
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance (Depending on a specific project)
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- In-depth understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Any other framework, libraries, or any other technology related to your development stack.
Whilst the knowledge base and technologies may seem common to all developers, a front-end web developer is responsible for implementing visual and interactive elements that users engage with through their web browser when using a web application. They are usually supported by back-end web developers, who are responsible for server-side application logic and integration of the work front-end developers do.