When you are trying to hire talented web developers and front-end developers, a compelling job description is a good starting point. Formulating a decent job description for a job advertisement requires a proper understanding of details.
On posting a job advertisement with a general web developer job description, it may invite several unwanted applications. Applicants who are differentiated in building a front-end user interface, back-end web services, or web designers who have absolutely no knowledge of programming.
In this article, we have included a sample job descriptions for Senior Web Developer, front-end developer, and back-end developer. And for anyone looking forward to hiring a web developer.
Feel free to make any adjustments and post your requirements to attract the most qualified candidates. You need to hire developers who can more than just write code. You need developers who can understand and strive for your business goals.
If this is not your core competency, you might want to look into hiring freelance developers or web development agencies. For avoiding a lot of issues with direct hire and management.
Job Description Samples for Hiring Web Developers
The initial information required is the company’s introduction. Provide basic details and give the job seeker an overview of the scale of operations or nature of business done.
Start with a good Company Introduction
Write a concise and catchy paragraph about your organization. The paragraph should be inclusive of the company culture, perks, and benefits. Mention office hours, remote working possibilities, and everything else you think to make your company look impressive.
Sample Job description for Senior Web Developer
- Perform various coding and programming tasks, such as design or development of Web front-end, back-end Web-based applications, and Web/Internet services. It may involve coding and integration of text, graphics, sound, and/or video.
- Communicate ideas, feedback, and criticism thoroughly, clearly, and courteously.
- Should demonstrate knowledge of full lifecycle planning and development.
- Should be able to conduct highly complex work critical to the organization.
- Make recommendations and take responsibility for the stack setup, code repository, and contribute to building iterations.
- Create and maintain Internet applications and Web sites.
- Collaborate and mentor with teams to deliver a quality product.
- Should be recognized as an advanced individual contributor.
- Considered subject matter expert within the discipline.
- Work closely with Product Managers to deliver excellent user experience
- Works without supervision with extensive latitude for independent judgment.
- May assist less experienced junior developers.
- Understands how to architect a ReactJS application to provide performance optimization and ease of maintainability.
- Expert level React/Redux-Saga candidates.
- Experience working in a truly Agile team is a big advantage.
- Provides test-driven development practices and has solid troubleshooting skills.
Sample Job description for Front-end web developer
A front-end web developer is probably what most people think of as a ‘web developer’. A front-end web developer is responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact within a web application. They are usually supported by back-end web developers. And they are responsible for server-side application logic and integration of the work front-end developers do.
- Build new user-facing features.
- Develop reusable codes for future purposes.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting it to the back-end.
- Assist back end developers throughout the development process to deliver a great user experience
- Connect with team members and stakeholders.
Skills And Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup and software development
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS, asynchronous request handling.
- Good understanding of image authoring tools
- However, quite often a front-end web developer needs to make some small adjustments.
- In-depth understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
- Good understanding of SEO principles
- Other frameworks, library, or any other technology related to the organization’s development stack
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
Sample Job description for Back-End Web Developer
A back-end web developer is responsible for server-side web application logic and integration of the work front-end web developers do. Back-end developers usually write web services and APIs used by front-end developers and mobile application developers. Job Description
We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database. Ensure high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
Skills And Qualifications
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance (Depending on a specific project)
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Knowledge of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of ‘session management’ in a distributed server environment
- Any other framework, libraries, or any other technology related to your development stack.
Creating a good Web Developer Job Description: Conclusion
Whilst the knowledge base and technologies may seem common to all developers. A front-end web developer is responsible for implementing visual and interactive elements.
Creating a website will improve web developer skills and help them to learn from the mistakes and thus generates new ideas. Then users engage with it through their web browser when using a web application.
They are usually supported by back-end web developers, who are responsible for server-side application logic and integration of the work front-end developers do.
The code for each and every website and web application was developed by a front-end web developer. Being self-taught, demand for these developers who are at the forefront is expected to increase by 27% through 2024.
Back-end developers are the ones responsible for writing the web services and APIs used by front-end developers and mobile application developers. Both front-end developers or back-end developers have distinct roles and together they make ensure that the apps and websites developed are functioning smoothly.
We, at Armia Systems, have a large team of certified web developers with hands-on experience in diverse projects. Contact us to know more about how we can assist you with your web development project.